Asked by John McCreery from USA | Mar. 19, 2012 19:51
About:China Embassy in Japan

I am a US citizen, permanent resident in Japan.

I have been invited to an academic conference in Guangzhou. The conference is scheduled to run from May 17 to May 20. I plan to stay in China until May 22. Do I need to apply for a visa? If so, how far in advance should I apply and what type of visa should I apply for?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mary | Mar. 20, 2012 20:59
You do have to apply for a China business visa for this. YOu may apply for the visa around one month in advance. You have to prepare the following papers for the application:
1. truly filled visa application form V2011A & V2011B
2. Your original passport that should has more than 6 months validity and enough blank pages left
3. copy of the personal information page of your passport
4. a passport standard photo
5. your residence permit in Japan
6. Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit or Confirmation Letter of Invitation
Related Questions:
chinese citizen, us resident status, japan visa?
Asked by Xu Jiang from USA
| Mar. 25, 2018 21:42
Do I need to get a visa to enter China?
Asked by Nate from USA
| Oct. 31, 2013 02:32
Visa for Conference in Shanghai
Asked by Greg A
| May. 15, 2012 21:38
have Paraguayan passport and want to travel to Macau for a couple of days w...
Asked by Alejandro Alderete Hiraoka from Paraguay
| Jun. 14, 2016 21:16
Do I have to apply for a visa at the Chinese Embassy in Tokyo?
Asked by Girl from Austria
| Jan. 06, 2015 20:25
Do I need a Transit Visa ? I do not intend to leave the Airport. Is an over...
Asked by Sam Bary from Nepal
| Aug. 22, 2013 22:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)