Asked by Lou from USA | Feb. 20, 2012 02:07
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Hello, Would it be possible for me to extend my stay or change my status from tourist visa?

I will be traveling to China on a tourist visa but if my girlfriend decide to marry me in China would I be able to extend my stay or change my status from being a tourist to permenant residence? also what documents should I bring with me since I was divorced last year in USA. I lived in California for 30years, Texas for one year and now I lived in Washington state for 6 months. I was unable to contact the chinese Embassy here. I left them an email but they did not reply to me. Do you have the contact information and website?

Answers (1)
Answered by Emma | Feb. 20, 2012 20:06
You may apply for a family visit visa that is valid for one year at most or a residence permit that is valid for one or two years from the by local Entry & Exit Department under the public security bureau in China with your marriage certificate.
You may get the contacts of the China Embassy in Washington DC from its official website
Related Questions:
also where shall i contact to do so (a government organization, a bureau et...
Asked by Lilit from Russia
| Nov. 04, 2018 17:52
Hi, my student visa is expiring eng of july. Would it be possible for me to...
Asked by Ms.Amanda from Malaysia
| Jul. 05, 2009 20:50
i have a 1 year m visa with multiple entry but the DOS is 30 days
| Sep. 01, 2016 21:54
Extend visa (currently on study X)
Asked by Apa from Colombia
| Jun. 09, 2013 00:51
Hello I have booked a flight from Hanoi to Beijing on the 24th March 2010,...
Asked by Mr.Jameson from United Kingdom
| Mar. 04, 2010 02:19
Renewing L visa for Indonesian passport holder
Asked by Alice from Indonesia
| Apr. 07, 2016 03:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)