Asked by Paul Mangold from U.S.A. | Feb. 08, 2012 20:02
About:Chinese Embassy in Vietnam

Can a U.S. citizen apply in Vietnam for a Chinese visa to be used 4 months later?

I am a U.S. citizen working in South Korea. I would like to visit China in August, but my ARC card will have expired by that time. I will be in Vietnam in March. What is the best way to obtain a Chinese visa if my ARC card has less than 6 months left on it?

Answers (1)
Answered by Tyler from USA | Feb. 09, 2012 01:25
You can't apply for China visa in Vietnam, a single entry visa is valid for 3 months, when you travel to China in August, your visa obtained in Vietnam has expired. Please apply for a visa about one month in advance of your intended date of entry into China, and do not apply 3 months earlier than your intended date of entry into China.

It is also impossible for you to get a China visa in Korea if your ARC card has less than 6 months remaining validity.

You can first travel to Hong Kong or Macau to get a China visa, then go to Mainland China.
Related Questions:
I am US citizen and I am traveling to Spain to study in Barcelona for sprin...
Asked by Ms.Brenda from USA
| Oct. 18, 2010 22:27
can i apply 4 months in advance of my visit?
Asked by Martha from USA
| May. 08, 2014 03:16
Our children used Chinese Travel document when they were young, can we not ...
Asked by amy from usa
| Dec. 20, 2014 02:20
Cruise out of Shenzhen, China
Asked by Abby from USA
| Mar. 26, 2018 02:25
USA citizen in Vietnam, Do I have to be in the US to apply for the student ...
Asked by Andrew from USA
| Jun. 23, 2013 03:29
On bicycle from Bangkok to Hongkong
Asked by Claus Jepsen from Denmark
| Jul. 10, 2012 01:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)