Asked by Jane from Switzerland | Feb. 03, 2012 02:08
About:China Student Visa

Can I apply for a tourist visa in Switzerland, then change it to a student visa in China?

I am a foreign student (from Nigeria) who recently finished a degree in Switzerland and I would like to take Chinese courses in China to improve my comprehension of Chinese language and culture for at least six months. I was told to apply for a Chinese Tourist visa from Switzerland (my current residence) and switch to a student visa when I find a suitable school to register in for courses . Is this feasible? I want to make sure that this is the right way to go before applying for the visa! I would be very grateful if you can help me with this inquiry!!!


Answers (1)
Answered by Ryan | Feb. 04, 2012 01:43
It is unfeasible for getting a tourist visa in Switzerland, then change it into a student visa in China, it is very hard to change a tourist visa into a student visa within Mainland China, you have to use a visa agency to make it for you in China, the service fee is very high, 7000 RMB- 15000RMB.

You'd better contact a school in advance, and ask it to send you admission letter and JW201/JW202, then apply for a China student visa in Switzerland.
Related Questions:
If am holding a Chinese tourist visa and also have admission with a univers...
Asked by Wilson from Benin
| Jul. 25, 2016 20:30
Can i change my student visa to a tourist visa
Asked by Deon from South Africa
| Sep. 21, 2018 00:24
Changing tourist L to student X type
Asked by Ardonis Ndlovu from South Africa
| Aug. 22, 2017 21:30
I am an Australian travelling Europe. Can I obtain a Chinese tourist visa i...
Asked by David from Italy
| Jul. 28, 2011 22:41
i am at student visa in auckland can i apply for the tourist visa of china?...
Asked by sandeep from New Zealand
| Aug. 29, 2011 04:24
Chinese tourist visa, please help!
Asked by cheng from Singapore
| May. 29, 2015 05:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)