Asked by Maria from Spain | Jan. 29, 2012 02:16
About:Chinese Permanent Residence Permit

Is it possible to work after obtaining the permanent residence for spouse reunion?

I'm planing to apply for a permanent residence permit for spouse reunion. My husband is chinese, we have been married for 13 years, i've been living in China for the last 10 years, staying here more than 9 months every year, we own an apartment (it's on my husband's name), and he works on his own company (I'm not workink) and he has his "hukou". In case I should get it, would I be able to work? Do i still need a working Visa? In that case, do I need to give up the permanent residence permit? Thank you in advanced for your help.

Answers (1)
Answered by Sam | Jan. 31, 2012 22:01
You are able to work, you need to get a work permit rather than a work visa, you don't need to give up the permanent residence permit, you can find a job in China and sign the work contract, then ask the employer to apply the alien employment permit for you from the local Human Resources & Social Security Bureau. You don't need to return to your country to apply for work visa then apply for residence permit.
Related Questions:
Can a permanent resident for spouse reunion work legally using this visa?
Asked by Sam from United Kingdom
| Mar. 30, 2017 01:32
Is the new wave of easing the permeant residence permits also applicable to...
Asked by Nick from China
| Mar. 09, 2016 19:21
Spouse Reunion and doing business..
Asked by Paula from Poland
| Oct. 13, 2014 04:34
No criminal record
Asked by Suresh from India
| Apr. 07, 2012 03:58
How to demonstrate a stable and secured living status
Asked by Mary from Spain
| Sep. 08, 2012 03:54
Gathering information here...I'm retired, American and thinking of living i...
Asked by Ann
| May. 09, 2012 01:50
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)