Asked by Jack from Canada | Jan. 18, 2012 13:59
About:China Consulate in Toronto

FOR HK ID & HK Passport payments in toronto


Can you tell us the exact amount I need to put in for the bankdraft for applying both documents.
Also, do I need to seperate into 2 bankdraft for each request?
Please also tell us if there are additional fees that we need to pay up front.

Thank You for your help

Answers (1)
Answered by Alex from Hong Kong | Jan. 19, 2012 21:58
The renewal of a Hong Kong identity card is free of charge. You don't need 2 bankdrafts for each request. You can write all fee in one bankdraft.

The fee for Hong Kong passport application:
It costs CA$ 65 for the handling charge and mailing charge of China consulate in Toronto, you can use Cashier's Cheque or Certified Cheque to pay for the consulate. (the consulate just accepts your application then mail it to Immigration Department of Hong Kong Government)

Application Fee For persons aged 16 or above (valid for 10 years)
•32 pages – HK$370 (or US$48)
•48 pages – HK$460 (or US$59)

Applicants outside Hong Kong are required to pay the following additional charge for the delivery of the passport:

Delivery by double registered air mail
•HK$43 (or US$6)

Delivery by express despatch service
•Asia-Pacific – HK$125 (or US$16.50)
•North America and Europe – HK$180 (or US$23.50)
•Rest of the world – HK$250 (or US$32.50)

Bank handling charge (If the cheque or bank draft is not drawn on a bank in the HKSAR or not in HKSAR currency)
•HK$100 (or US$13)
Related Questions:
HKSAR Passport
Asked by R Lau from Canada
| Dec. 21, 2011 13:07
Please advise office and office hours and address for HK ID card and passpo...
Asked by BECKY from CANADA
| Jul. 07, 2015 21:06
I am 17 years old. Can I still get a single entry VOA for shopping in Shenz...
Asked by Philliy from Hong Kong
| Jun. 15, 2015 21:28
Canadian Permanent Resident holds a HK SAR Passport wish to travel from Tor...
Asked by Joey
| Aug. 16, 2013 02:56
Apply China visa if i have a valid PRC entry permit
Asked by Monita from Canada
| Jul. 02, 2016 02:13
I will be visiting Shenzhen later this month am I eligible for a visa on ar...
Asked by Adam Caan from Hong Kong
| Mar. 14, 2018 19:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)