Asked by Arnee | Jan. 16, 2012 00:13
About:Chinese Embassy in Philippines

Does it matter if my wife has not changed her name on the passport after the marriage?

I recently got married and will be going for a 4 day holiday trip to China. This will be my first time and my wife.
We will be going with family and friends that have been to China.I will be submitting the neccesary papers needed
for first time travelers but my question is that since we just got married my wife has not yet changed her name yet
on her passport this should be ok ? Aslong as I provide a marriage contract?

Answers (1)
Answered by Paul from Singapore | Feb. 16, 2012 11:15
Your wife passport will still be valid until it reaches its expiration date. As per visa application, visa officers doesn't mind any name change in passport, as long as what you have filled up in the application form matches your original documents. Marriage contract is not necessary as you wil be applying visa individually.
Related Questions:
Hi my wife is a Chinese National. She has a green card with a changed name...
Asked by Mr.John from USA
| May. 26, 2010 03:05
Thank you for answering my first question, I have one more. My wife change...
Asked by Mr.Darren from USA
| Apr. 08, 2010 04:00
My wife LIU XIAOHUA now living in the USA and has her greencard needs to ha...
Asked by Mr.David Sabatino from USA
| Mar. 05, 2011 02:27
My wife and daughter are from Nanning china and are flying back for 2 month...
Asked by Kevin from USA
| Mar. 26, 2013 04:34
Name Change Question
Asked by American Teacer from USA
| Jun. 28, 2016 03:20
should my wife apply for new visa
Asked by deepak from India
| Mar. 16, 2014 02:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)