Asked by James Roper from China | Dec. 20, 2011 17:07
About:China Embassy in Costa Rica

Visa requirements for my Fiancee and her two children

I am an Australian Citizen working in China with a Chinese working Visa.
I would like to arrange for my Finacee and her two children to move to China to live with me before we get Married in March,2012.
They are Costa Rican Citizens.
Can you inform me of the best way to organise their relocation please.

Answers (3)
Answered by Mr.APAULT from Portugal | Dec. 20, 2011 19:31
While you are not married, it is my understanding that they will have to apply for tourist visas as if you don't exist. If you are married they would still apply for tourist visas but it's a special case and easier. It seems that another policy is to grant shorter visas and only single entry if you do not apply from your own country, or a country in which you have a right of residence, will that be the case? I suggest you seek more formal information from the Chinese visa issuing office in the country where they will apply OR from a visa agent in that country. But most visa offices do not reply to emails, nor do they answer the phone !
Answered by James Roper | Dec. 26, 2011 20:32
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply in regards to my Fiancee and two children relocating to China.
Our plan at this stage is to get Married in the Bahama's, then fly straight to China afterwards.
So we plan for her and the children to apply for a tourist Visa in Costa Rica before they depart for the wedding in the Bahama's.
Then once in China and the Marriage is official we will visit the Chinese consulate and arrange for a more permanent solution.
What are your thoughts ?
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Dec. 27, 2011 02:58
Yes, your Fiancee and her two children can apply for a tourist Visa in Costa Rica before they depart for the wedding in the Bahama. but the tourist visa is generally valid for 3 months, permits only 30 days stay in China.

Once they enter China, you can try to change their tourist visa into a dependent visa at the local exit-entry administrative department of public security bureau, frankly speaking, it is hard to do so in person. I'm afraid that you have to find a visa agency to help you to do it, the service fee is expensive, 7000 RMB - 15000 RMB.
Related Questions:
other requirements for children
Asked by Shirley from Philippines
| Oct. 20, 2012 21:57
how do u process the visa when travelling with children(minors)?
Asked by watipa from botswana
| Feb. 16, 2012 00:33
Sir i am nigerian, I live in italy with my family ( husband and two childr...
Asked by Mrs.tesy from Niger
| May. 17, 2010 22:16
| May. 02, 2011 20:51
My family of four (two adults two children 7 & 12) will visit my family in ...
Asked by Mrs.Mary Wang from Canada
| Apr. 08, 2011 02:02
Which visa type
Asked by LQ from United Kingdom
| Apr. 09, 2016 21:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)