Asked by jim from Australia | Dec. 07, 2011 00:42
About:Chinese Permanent Residence Permit

living permanently in China

I an a 66 year old Australian citizen, living on an Australian and english pension. My wife is a Chinese citizen living with me in Australia on a permanent residents visa. We have been married for 3 years. We are considering selling our property here in Australia and moving permanently to China to live. What would be the requirements for me to live there permanently. ? Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Vivian from Australia. | Dec. 07, 2011 20:53
It is almost impossible for you to live in China permanently, the rule for permanent residence permit application is very very strict, generally speaking, except you make great contributions to China, you can get it. Many Chinese women married foreign nationals, it is hard to get a permanent residence permit under this situation. on the other hand, your marriage has not lasted for 5 years and the annual stay duration in China is not at least 9 months in the last 5 years. This is the minimum condition, but you can't satisfy the minimum condition
Related Questions:
Hello. I am Bulgarian, permanently living in Austria. Where should I apply ...
Asked by gramatikova Mariya from Austria
| Jul. 21, 2013 02:20
How do I get a Visa to visit my uncles in Dalian China??
Asked by Helen Wang Haiying Haynes from Curacao.
| Oct. 15, 2013 03:59
English man(54) married to Chinese lady wants to move to china and stay wit...
Asked by Simon from England
| Apr. 25, 2016 21:00
Is it possible to re-locate permanently in China.
Asked by Mr.Sawtell from Australia
| Sep. 24, 2009 22:07
I am a British citizen living permanently in The Netherlands and wanting to...
Asked by Mr.turner from uk
| Jan. 05, 2011 03:16
Visa by registered mail?
Asked by Ole from Thailand
| Feb. 18, 2013 21:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)