Asked by Alex from United Kingdom / Australia | Nov. 21, 2011 18:32
About:China Visa Application in UK

Applying China visa from Australia

Hello, I am a British citizen currently residing in Australia on an Australian long-stay business visa. I would like to visit China for a conference next June. I have two questions:
1) for attending an academic conference do I need a tourist or a business visa?
2) can I apply for a visa through the embassy in Australia or do I need to do it in the UK?
Many thanks for your help!

Answers (1)
Answered by Vivian from Australia | Nov. 22, 2011 19:07
1) you need a business visa to China to attend an academic conference.
2) You can apply for a China visa in Australia because you hold an Australian long-stay business visa.
Non-Australian passport holdersshould provide valid Australian visa as well as entry record, both the original and the copy.

If you have been granted Chinese visa(s) before, should provide copies of recent Chinese visa with entry record. In case they are not on the current passport, copies of the previous passport with the above data are required.
Related Questions:
passport with 2 blank pages plus 1 photo, do we need any other documentatio...
Asked by Carolyn Hobart from
| Mar. 21, 2012 02:13
Number of Residence Permit
Asked by Sonja from Australia
| Jul. 31, 2012 01:48
Hi i m pakistani international student in Australia and i intend to visit c...
Asked by Awais from Pakistan
| Feb. 12, 2018 20:50
Can I apply for the Z Visa at an overseas Chinese embassy?
Asked by JG from Australia
| Jul. 26, 2014 22:57
What visa will i need if i want to get access to my home embassy in Beijing...
Asked by Princewill from Australia
| Oct. 17, 2011 02:48
10 year China visa in Australia with US Passport
Asked by Andrew from Australia
| Apr. 26, 2015 21:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)