Asked by Sigrid Kerschbaum from Austria | Nov. 02, 2011 00:29
About:China Embassy in South Korea

Chinese Tourist Visa from South Korea for an Austrian traveller

I'm from Austria and in Soeul right now. My plan was to travel on to China.
Since i need a Korean Alien Registration Card to apply for a Visa for China i have following question:
Is it possible for me to get an Alien Registration Card, although i don't have a long term visa for Korea? (just a tourist visa for up to 90 days)
After obtaining an Alien Registration Card there should not be any problem to apply for a Chinese Visa, right? Or am i mistaken?
Thank you in advance for answering my question!

Answers (1)
Answered by Vivian from Australia | Nov. 02, 2011 04:58
You can't get an Alien Registration Card if you just hold a korean tourist visa for up to 90 days. You can't get a China visa in Korea, please go to Hong Kong or Macau to get a China visa, then enter Mainland China.
Related Questions:
Can I get a Chinese tourist visa in South Korea if I'm not working/studying...
Asked by Mirjam from Netherlands
| Aug. 19, 2013 04:37
trip from south korea
Asked by Denise from South Korea
| Feb. 19, 2013 02:11
Hello, I'm a Dutch traveller from Holland. At the moment i am in Bangkok...
Asked by Mr.Boland from Netherlands
| Jun. 24, 2009 04:52
I would like to know if i can apply for chinese tourist visa being a touris...
Asked by Luois from Colombia
| Nov. 07, 2017 00:00
Good day, I am a British citizen who is holidaying in south korea. i wan...
Asked by Mr.james turner from England
| Jul. 18, 2010 02:17
Working in China by September (from Korea) without flying back to Sydney
Asked by David from Australia
| May. 06, 2012 01:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)