Asked by Frank from Australia | Oct. 11, 2011 14:41
About:China Embassy in Canada

Do I need a visa to leave Beijing airport and sightsee if my layover is less than 24hours?

we are Australian citizens flying to Sydney from Vancouver via Beijing with a 23 hour layover in Beijing.
We would like to sightsee for the day.
Do we need to get a visa?(we are in Canada now)Can we arrange permission at the Beijing airport to leave the airport with border control?

Answers (1)
Answered by Vivian from Australia | Oct. 11, 2011 21:42
You need to get a transit visa if you leave Beijing airport to visit the city. You can get the visa from China consulate in Vancouver. If you don't have time to do it, you can try to apply for a 24 hours stay permit at the Beijing airport to leave the airport with border control. However, I can't sure you can get it at the airport.
Related Questions:
Transit visa. Hi. I want to travel through PEK airport to and from another ...
Asked by Robert from Trinidad and Tobago
| Sep. 04, 2018 19:55
What's exactly the transit area?
Asked by Yazmin from Mexico
| Jun. 08, 2016 04:29
Do I need to do anything prior to arrival at Beijing if staying less than 1...
Asked by Jessica A from USA
| Nov. 03, 2018 16:32
Flight with technical layover
Asked by Simone from Italia
| Oct. 16, 2018 20:37
I'm from indonesia and gonna stopover shanghai on the way from Japan to Tha...
Asked by Dus from Indonesia
| Feb. 18, 2013 01:29
If being issued a Bahamas visa from china and I am from the Philippines, do...
Asked by Ms.Ladero from Philippines
| Jun. 09, 2010 21:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)