Asked by Ms.LIBBYDOC | Oct. 11, 2011 07:00
About:China Embassy in Philippines

My mom is Chinese, born in the Philippines and wants to apply for a Chinese passport.

Hi. I saw a post dated July 16 regarding the requirements needed to be able to apply for a Chinese passport. My mom was born in the Philippines to Chinese citizen parents. She is a holder of an ACR/ICR card (native born). She is already 60 years old and her parents died when she was still young. The problem is she is not able to obtain the other requirements anymore such as the passport of her parents, her father's residence permit, marriage certificate of her parents (they were married in China) and statement of her parents' giving up Filipino citizenship. It's been a long time and no one remembers if the papers got lost in a flood or got lost due to changes in residence. What can we do to help my mom get a Chinese passport? Thanks.

Answers (4)
Answered by Jade from Philippines | Oct. 12, 2011 01:33
According to your statement, it is almost impossible for your mom to get a Chinese passport, besides the ACR/ICR card (native born), she can't provide any other documents to prove that she has the Chinese descent.
Answered by Jeanne Ross from Philippines | Feb. 25, 2013 22:55
Requirements for Chinese Passport First Time Application:

1.) valid ACR I-card (original and photocopy)
2.) NSO birth certificate (original)
3.) Certification of No Philippine Passport (this is issued by the Phil. Department of Foreign Affairs for free)
4.) Certification Request For Travel Records (this is issued by the Philippine Bureau of Immigration for a fee)
5.) ACR I-card and Marriage Contract of both parents (in none, provide Death Certificate of both parents, issued by NSO or by an attending physician)
6.) Applicant's Letter of Intent (indicate reasons for applying passport, your current situation, indicate reasons why you DO NOT have a valid PROC passport)
7.) Certification from your Clan Association (this is a document which provides your personal information, it must be sealed and certified by your association president)
8.) Completely filled out Chinese Passport Application Form
9.) Three (3) photos (passport size, white background, glossy)
Answered by Kurt from Philippines | Sep. 10, 2019 09:48
Hi Just want to know if your mom was able to get her passport. My dad is in the same situation and we’re hoping that he’d be able to get his passport.
Answered by kc from php | Jan. 08, 2020 00:48
where can we get Certification of Clan Association
Related Questions:
My mom has a chinese passport but residing in the Philippines. Does she sti...
Asked by Mrs.tippi chua from philippines
| Sep. 04, 2009 22:20
How to apply the residence in china for chinese american?
Asked by Jean Fann from United States
| Jul. 11, 2018 23:35
visa or travel document?
Asked by Mingfang from USA
| Jun. 21, 2013 01:33
my mom was born in the phil, she's a filipino and my father is a chinese ci...
Asked by Ms.desperate daughter from singapore
| Aug. 11, 2009 20:08
Hi! I was born in Hong Kong holding a British passport while my mom was a C...
Asked by Ms.HK from Philippines
| Sep. 22, 2010 22:02
Entering China with a Canadian Passport as a Hong Kong resident
Asked by JC from Canada
| Sep. 19, 2016 20:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)