Asked by Yin Ker from United States | Sep. 17, 2011 10:14
About:China Embassy in South Korea

Australian passport holder, living in Shanghai - can i get a new china visa from South Korea

Hi i currently hold a 3 month single entry F-visa which will expire Nov 2nd. I am doing an internship here in Shanghai and have plans to be here until Jan 2012. I also have plans to visit South Korea during the end of October and therefore am wondering if I can get a new China visa from there in order to return back into China. I currently hold an Australian passport. Any help would be much appreciated.


Answers (1)
Answered by David from China | Sep. 17, 2011 22:49
No, you cannot apply for China visa in South Korea if you doesn't have its resident permit. BTW, even if your F visa expires on Nov 2nd, it will be invalid once you leave China in the end of October. At that time, you'll need another visa to China.
If you want to stay here until Jan 2012, you can apply for an extension/renewal of duration of stay at a local county level Public Security Bureau. Try o get a double or multiple entry visa, for you need to leave and re enter China for tour in Korea. FYI:
Related Questions:
Australian passport holder needing a Chinese visa processed in Christchurch...
Asked by Beverley Hajdu from New Zealand
| May. 11, 2016 20:45
Hi I am an Australian citizen and a British passport holder. I am currently...
Asked by Mr.Weightman from Australia
| Aug. 24, 2009 21:33
Which embassy (WLG or CHCH) does an Australian passport holder living in Ch...
Asked by Anurak from New Zealand
| Oct. 10, 2013 02:51
Can I get Shenzhen Visa on Arrival for Australian Passport Holder
Asked by Mr Nelson from Australya
| Dec. 14, 2016 20:47
F Visa Renewal
Asked by Eleanor from United Kingdom
| Feb. 24, 2013 21:20
Is a visa required for 48 hours in Shanghai?We plan to travel before Jan 01...
Asked by Angela from Australia
| Dec. 16, 2012 21:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)