Asked by Malek Anouti from Japan | Aug. 10, 2011 01:07
About:Chinese Embassy in Japan

If my residency in Japan as a student expires in 2 months, can I still get a tourist visa?

Hello, I am Lebanese, but I am currently resident of Japan, Tokyo. I need to travel to China next month to attend my friend's wedding in China but my residency in Japan as a student expires in 2 months; can I still get a tourist visa if i applied from Tokyo?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.NANCYMOON from Macau | Aug. 10, 2011 02:09
You can call the visa office of China embassy in Tokyo to enquire whether Japanese residence permit (alien registration card) with 2 months remaining validity is accepted or not.

I guess that maybe your application will be denied because you are a student in Japan and the residence permit will expire in 2 months, the visa officer will doubt that you go to China to find a job or overstay.
Related Questions:
If my Canadian passport expires in 2 months, can I still get a Shenzhen Vis...
Asked by Warren from Canada
| Apr. 10, 2014 03:51
hi. can i still travel to hk? in 2 months expires my passport..
Asked by rol from Philippines
| Feb. 15, 2017 01:09
Hello. I will be spending 2 months in Japan this spring, then a few weeks i...
Asked by Ms.Teresa from USA
| Mar. 10, 2011 02:52
My 6-months student visa expires soon. Can I get an extension for 2-3 mont...
Asked by Young Park from USA
| Nov. 14, 2014 21:33
Hello friends, I am from Pakistan have Chinese residency visa, can I get Ja...
Asked by Ijaz Khan from Pakistan
| Dec. 12, 2016 19:28
Another query regards the tourist visas and their extension.
Asked by Jan from New Zealand
| Nov. 16, 2012 00:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)