Asked by guest from United States | Aug. 09, 2011 23:58
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Residence Permit vs. Work Visa

I am married to Chinese women. I have an F visa that expires August 11, 2011. Under the new rules I do qualify to apply for residence permit, which is what my wife and I want to do so that I can remain in China. however, it will prevent me from doing any work in China. This means I would have to apply for a Z visa. At what point in my entire residence, i.e., 5, 10 , 15 years etc, can I qualify to work as a resident of China without having to renew my work visa?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.NANCYMOON from Macau | Aug. 10, 2011 01:27
If you obtain a Z visa, you have to apply for Residence Permit within 30 days after entering China, the residence permit is generally valid for one year, you have to renew it annually.

If you want to work in China, you have to obtain a Z visa and then apply for residence permit, renew the permit every year.

The residence permit for family visit doesn't entitle you to work in China, it only entitles you to reside in China.
Related Questions:
Can I work on a Z visa before obtaining the temporary residence permit?
Asked by Mamahuhu
| Jan. 11, 2015 01:47
Z visa to work permit / residence permit
Asked by Scott from USA
| Dec. 05, 2016 00:23
Indian citizen in Shanghai on a residence/work permit, travelling to Macau....
Asked by CHinmay from China
| Jan. 21, 2016 01:33
Does Philipines work permit residence in Macau need visa ti visit shenzhen?...
Asked by Money brown from China
| Oct. 28, 2018 19:00
I have a residence permit as I cam here with my husband who holds a residen...
Asked by Ms.Ye Shanghai from China
| May. 31, 2009 03:22
Can i go in and out of china without a work permit but have a valid residen...
Asked by Winter from USA
| Nov. 11, 2014 00:30
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)