Asked by hafiz mudassar from China | Aug. 07, 2011 00:56
About:Marriage Registration in China

I got married with a Chinese in 2007 and live in China now. When can i apply for the chinese ID card? is it possible?

Hi sir/madam it's hafiz mudassar,i'm Pakistani national and i live in China with my chinese wife. we're married since 2007 and we're living together since married, we marriad in out of our countries and we have our marriage certifica that also attested from our both countries embassies. and also we are registerd in China's local government office in my wife's city. we are living together in china around 2 years.the question is, when can i apply for the chinese ID card.. and is it possible?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ENID from China | Aug. 07, 2011 04:53
Chinese ID card can only be issued to Chinese citizens, and China does not accept dual nationality. Although you have lived in China for 5 years, it is impossible for you to get a Chinese ID card. But you may try to apply for a permanent residence permit for China, read for more details.
Related Questions:
I would like to know what type of visa i need to spend more months here in ...
Asked by mei li from Philippines
| May. 13, 2015 22:53
my marriage certificate has not been reported in philippine embassy in beij...
Asked by clementine from Philippines
| Apr. 02, 2012 01:11
Hi, I study in china for 7 years, but now i want to get married with my...
Asked by Mr.larry from nigeria
| Jul. 27, 2009 04:42
My Chinese wife and I are in China and need to Authenticate marriage from A...
Asked by Trevor from America
| Aug. 17, 2016 22:22
Travel with an chinese citizen infant to china
Asked by marita from Philippines
| Oct. 30, 2017 02:22
Hi i am Pakistani citizen and last time i got married in China , my wife is...
Asked by Mr.Rehman from Pakistan
| Nov. 17, 2009 21:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)