Asked by ray from China | Aug. 01, 2011 22:30
About:China Work Visa

any easier way to apply for the Z visa instead of returning back to my home country to obtain it?

I am currently living in China and had the Confirmation Letter of Invitation and stuffs so I now need to leave the country to get my Z visa to apply for my work permit and then obtain a residence permit.

I am being told that I will have to return to my home country (USA) to obtain the Z visa. When I first did this a year ago, I was able to go to Hong Kong and apply at the Chinese embassy. I had to leave China to apply but I did not have to return to the US. Is it true I have to return to my home country to apply for the Z visa or is it okay to do that in a country closer to China? or send to any visa agents to do that for me ?

thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ENID from China | Aug. 02, 2011 03:43
Still, it is not difficult for you to apply for a China Z visa in HK this time. Or, you can send back your application and documents to your family and let them apply on your behalf.
Related Questions:
I recently left my job and am looking for a new job in China. If I'm offer ...
Asked by BQ from Singapore
| Dec. 07, 2016 20:38
Change the L-visa into Z-visa in China
Asked by Dumitru from Moldova
| Oct. 22, 2012 22:11
We are German citizens and have a one way ticket from Sydney via Beijing to...
Asked by Eckhard from Germany
| Feb. 04, 2018 20:33
Must I return to my home country to apply for a Z visa? Maybe Hong Kong?
Asked by Russ from Ukraine
| Mar. 16, 2012 04:40
One month Z visa?
Asked by Dickens_Bui from Vietnam
| Nov. 20, 2014 20:27
tourist visa to student visa in China
Asked by Ms.Anne from Philippine
| May. 07, 2011 02:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)