Asked by Raimiti | Jul. 06, 2011 02:30
About:China Visa

I'm US citizen, transit through Shangai Pudong twice in one week, will I have problem?

I am a US Citizen on vacation flying from Hong Kong to Japan via Shanghai Pudong Airport. The first flight has an overnight layover in Shanghai of about 19 hours total, which I would like to stay in a hotel in central Shanghai and do some sightseeing before boarding the flight to Japan. Then two days later, I fly from Japan to Hong Kong through Pudong where I will stay in the terminal due to a short 2.5 hour connection time between flights. Will I encounter problems in Shanghai, especially on my way back to Hong Kong, since I was there two days prior?

Answers (1)
Answered by Amanda from China | Jul. 06, 2011 04:39
Please don't worry, you won't encounter problems in Shanghai. A transit visa is not required for the two stopovers in Shanghai Pudong Airport. You can go out of the airport to stay at a hotel for the first stopover.
Related Questions:
I'm travelling from US to China later this week. Will I have a problem tak...
Asked by Mr.Tyler from USA
| Feb. 23, 2010 22:21
Hi im in thailand now, i had a problem mi flight came to shangai and i had ...
Asked by Ms.Regina from mexico
| Apr. 27, 2009 20:15
I am going to shanghai, then to tokyo and then back to beijing.Now I have o...
Asked by ans from Greece
| Jul. 04, 2011 20:58
visa for one week stay in Shangai - I am a UK citizen presenting at academi...
Asked by Dr Paula James from United Kingdom
| Feb. 28, 2017 00:23
Can I apply the 72-hour transit within one week?
Asked by Hank Chang from USA
| Oct. 24, 2016 22:03
Bit of an interesting one, would be awesome to know if i qualify for the 72...
Asked by stephan from New Zealand
| Jun. 06, 2015 00:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)