Asked by Lorenzo from Italy | Jul. 02, 2011 04:47
About:Tibet Travel

Tibet visa

Hi, we'll have a China tour in September 2011 (from Italy). We would like to see also Tibet (3-4 days). I read that it's suggested to request visa for Tibet only when we are already in China and that, at that point, it will be released only a group visa but at the end it is not a real group and you can go around alone. Is it true? Where can I ask this Tibet Visa in China at Bejing? And How long does it takes to have it?
I'm a bit scared to book a flight (or a train) to Lhasa and then findout some issue when I'm already in the middle of China trip (staying only few days in each location).
Thanks in advance for any answer.

Answers (1)
Answered by David from China | Jul. 02, 2011 22:50
You can apply for a Tibet entry Permit when you are in China. The fact is that individual travelers are not allowed to enter Tibet, so you need to join a tour and get the permit through a travel agency.
If your trip to China is organized by a China travel agency, ask them if they process Tibet Entry Permit first
Related Questions:
How can i apply extension stay as i want to stay for 3 months? I'm a Singap...
Asked by Eddie Lai from Singapore
| Sep. 26, 2015 01:16
I want to visit Tibet . what requirements for tourist visa?
Asked by Mr.waseem from Pakistan
| Apr. 17, 2011 04:19
I am on tour Xian into Tibet and to Shanghai. Is going to Tibet an exit fo...
Asked by Paula from USA
| May. 08, 2012 03:37
Will I need a additional Visa for travel in Tibet?
Asked by David from USA
| Feb. 25, 2015 23:52
I'm travelling alone to Tibet to visit a Malaysian friend who works in Tibe...
Asked by lee from Malaysia
| Jul. 01, 2014 03:46
I have read in the Chinese embassy website that we do not need to apply for...
Asked by Mr.Jimmy from China
| Jul. 21, 2009 00:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)