Asked by Naveed from Hong Kong | Jun. 26, 2011 20:04
About:China Embassy in Australia

I need visa to see Hong Kong. Can I apply HK visa in Melbourne, Australia?

I have Pakistan passport but living and working in Netherlands since 3.5 years and have valid Dutch Resident Permit. I have Australian visa as well and now I am in Melbourne to present my research work in IUGG2011 conference. I have Cathay Pacific return ticket, which will have a stop-over at Hong Kong airport for about 9-10 hours and therefore I need visa for Hong Kong to see it. Can I apply in Melbourne, Australia in Chinese embassy and how much time it will take. Can you please further advise me, which visa type is applicable to me.

My regards,
N. Alam
Delft University of Technology, Netherlands.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.MILES from United Kingdom | Jun. 27, 2011 03:20
You can try to submit your HK visa application to Chinese consulate in Melbourne, and you can also mail it to HKSAR Immigration directly if the consulate does not accept your application. A tourist visa is ok in your case. The mail address of HK SAR is ImmigrationTower,7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel: 00852-28241212Fax: 00852-28241133
Related Questions:
I am hong kong citizen. Can I apply SAR of HK Passport in Melbourne Austral...
Asked by Rita from Australia
| Aug. 13, 2012 01:49
I am Iran and a permanent resident of Australia. How can I apply for Hong K...
Asked by Arezo from Australia
| Feb. 19, 2013 02:57
srilankan passport holder
Asked by Nils from Australia
| Aug. 21, 2017 03:26
visiting hongkong from Australia but holding a Vietnamese Passport
Asked by Sam Fu from Vietnam
| Mar. 18, 2015 04:33
Do citizens of Hong Kong need a visa if flying from Australia to China
Asked by Kam Lau from Australia
| Jul. 30, 2017 21:52
I am an Indian citizen wanting to visit HK for tourism
Asked by bswa from India
| Apr. 05, 2013 03:44
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)