Asked by Lydia from United States | Jun. 08, 2011 11:41
About:Chinese Embassy in U.S.A.

Can a person on a student visa also work in a paid internship with a U.S. company in China?

I am in the process of arranging internships for students in my university's TESOL program. The students will be continuing their studies with a partner university in China while concurrently participating in an internship teaching children English. The internship is a requirement of their studies. Is it okay for the company to provide payment to the students for the hours that they work? Is the X visa the most appropriate for the students...or should we be using the F or Z? The primary reason the students will be in China is to continue their studies which will include both classes and experiential learning (i.e. internship).

Answers (1)
Answered by Bob from China | Jun. 10, 2011 03:42
It is okay for the company to provide payment to the students for the hours that they work. If the internship and study in China is less than 6 months, they need to apply for F visa. Now, you should first get the invitation letter from the partner university in China, once your students get a business visa to China, they can continue their studies and participate an internship teaching children English.
Related Questions:
Visa. which type of visa should i apply for? X2, M/F or Z? Or something oth...
Asked by Alicia from Singapore
| Apr. 22, 2018 21:15
What type of visa should I apply for a non-paid internship for less than 3 ...
Asked by John Lau from USA
| May. 06, 2016 21:03
Which visa should I apply for a paid internship of 1year in china?
Asked by Ashwani from India
| Oct. 12, 2016 04:11
Hello, I have an offer for an internship (paid) in China for a few month...
Asked by Ms.Irina from Romania
| Jan. 29, 2011 21:06
what visa do i apply for if seeking an unpaid internship and also lacking a...
Asked by ann from USA
| Sep. 28, 2014 20:26
Helo. I am an Indian student studyng in US. I intend to do an internship in...
Asked by Mr.Varit from India
| Jul. 15, 2009 22:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)