Asked by Mr.Dean from China | Apr. 27, 2011 18:24
About:China Consulate in San Francisco

I am in China visiting my wife here. I would like to get a visit Chinese relative visa so I do not
need to go out of the country and re-enter to validate a visa (my wife is Chinese)
We were married in Los Angeles and I have an original "copy" of our marriage certificate sent to
me by computer attachment.
Question: Can I send to your San Francisco Consulate this marriage certificate for Authentication ?
(send by e-mail)
Reason I selected San Francisco Consulate office is I have a friend in that area that
could pickup the authenticated marriage certificate and send to me in China.

Thank you and await your reply.


Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.NANCYMOON from Macau | Apr. 28, 2011 03:02
Mr. Dean, the Consular Districts of China Consulate in San Francisco are : Northern California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska, if you don't reside in these states, you can't apply for authentication of marriage license.

I think you need to do it through China consulate in Los Angeles, the whole process is that:
1. have the marriage certificate certified by the Secretary of the State (Lieutenant Governor of Hawaii, of Guam and of America Samoa, Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands) of the relevant state in which the document is executed. (Office of the secretary of state of California in Los Angeles: 300 south Spring Street, Room 12513 Los Angeles, CA 90013-1233, Tel: 213-8973062)

2. Have it authenticated by the Chinese Consulate General in Los Angeles.

The application by mailing is not accepted, you need to entrust someone else to do it for you.
Related Questions:
Hi, my nationality nepali, i am working here in saudi. I want to ask with y...
Asked by Mr.LAXMI P. KHAREL from Saudi arab
| Sep. 09, 2009 20:50
Visiting visa ro China for my wife
Asked by Roman from Nepla
| Sep. 08, 2012 02:38
VISA for South African passport holder in South Korea
Asked by andre van straaten from South africa
| Jan. 25, 2013 03:17
Dear friend i am a foreigner studying my Matser here in china , i am mar...
Asked by Mr.Bhola from India
| Jul. 22, 2010 22:17
Hi, I am in China with tourist visa. My wife is a student here, can I apply...
Asked by Un from Mexico
| Apr. 08, 2014 03:24
About invitation.
Asked by Bobby from Nigeria
| Jul. 25, 2016 20:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)