Asked by Mr.Mike3213 from Canada | Mar. 30, 2011 14:08
About:Visa Policy of China

Hi! I will be travelling to China on a 30 day tourist Visa. I was told that I can apply for an extension of the Visa once in China through the local police department. Is this true, and how early can I apply for the extension? Also, where do I go to have my tourist Visa converted to a Work Visa, as I have been offered a teaching job in China while I'm there, but the paperwork won't be completed before I leave Canada. lastly, do I need to have proof of a return flight in order to enter China? Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ELLIOTT from China | Mar. 31, 2011 02:00
Yes, you can apply for an extension of tourist visa through the exit-entry administrative bureau of public security bureau once you are in China, you can apply for extension 2 days before the expiry date of tourist visa. it is impossible for yo to convert tourist visa into a work visa within Mainland China, you can go to Hong Kong to apply for work visa. You don't need to have proof of a return flight ticket to enter China, but the airline company maybe refuses you to board without the return flight ticket.
Related Questions:
i would like a china visa for up to a year to visit family of my fiance
Asked by costas from United Kingdom
| Dec. 03, 2015 02:36
Applying for tourist visa in China
Asked by Frank from Canada
| Feb. 05, 2013 03:16
tourist visa application for a conference in Beijing, is it ok?
Asked by john from United Kingdom
| Jul. 04, 2012 21:16
i am travelling by ship royalcarabean will be in china 1 day do i need a vi...
Asked by annette wills from australia
| Feb. 02, 2016 01:21
I am a US citizen who wants to visit China as a tourist. Is it possible to ...
Asked by Tiffany from USA
| Dec. 04, 2017 03:38
Do I need a tourist visa
Asked by Stacey from south africa
| Mar. 14, 2016 23:00
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)