Asked by Mrs.Ruth Lehane from Ireland | Mar. 29, 2011 08:11
About:China Visa Fees

I am currently working as a teacher intern in Chengdu; on an F Visa which expires on the 08 August 2011. However, I would like to stay in China and work at anther school for another semester; unfortunately my own passport expires in November 2011. I have gotten in contact with the Irish Embassy and can renew my passport in the normal process while staying in China. I have two questions in relation to this:
how would I be able to transfer my current F visa to my new passport?
Is this transferral necessary?
Otherwise I have been told by the embassy that I should renew my visa within 10 days of receiving my new passport - if I were to get all the necessary documentation for a new working Visa and apply within that 10day deadline would that be suffice?
Finally, would it be necessary for me to apply for a new Visa in the Beijing offices (as this was where I got my previous Visa)?
Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Ivan from Ireland | Mar. 30, 2011 01:34
You can't transfter your current F visa to your new passport, there is not service of transfer. It is ok for you to apply for work visa within 10 days by using your new passport if you get all the necessary documentations. If you have not prepare all the documents for work visa application, you can apply for a new visa in the Beijing offices on your new passport.
Related Questions:
Hi. I have been living in china as an intern for five months. I am on an F ...
Asked by Mr.Paul from United Kingdom
| Jan. 06, 2011 03:44
How to renew an S2 visa
Asked by karen McNeil from UK/China
| Aug. 11, 2014 22:40
Hello, I am an intern for a company in China at the moment. I have an F typ...
Asked by Ms.vica from romania
| Aug. 30, 2010 03:35
Can I do this on a X visa.
Asked by steve barker from usa
| Apr. 29, 2014 02:13
How do I apply for a Permanent Visa to live in China?
Asked by clive Mo from China
| Nov. 12, 2013 00:47
Can I extend my visa for some few days without my passport?
Asked by Ama from China
| Jul. 06, 2016 22:13
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)