Asked by Mr.Andrea from Australia | Mar. 19, 2011 04:07
About:Chinese Consulate in Sydney

URGENT HELP NEEDED - Hi there, we are travelling from Haikou back to Perth, my wife is an Australian P.R. and has both Chinese and Australian passports... we have been allowed in China with the Chinese Passport ( which shows a current P.R. visa from Australian Authorities), on the way out from China my wife has been prevented from leaving and she has been told to go back to her place of origin ( 3 hours by air) to cancel her Chinese Passport (we didn't know she can't hold 2 passports) and to get her Australian passport stamped with a Visa for China.... we have been told we can travel with a Chinese group to Thailand and in doing so we don't need to fly back to my wife's hometown and surrender her Chinese passport... we are getting all different versions from people on the phone, we have been calling around for 4 hours and received no straight answer to the following question: who is going to give us a Visa on the Australian Passport, once we surrender her Chinese one? URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.NANCYMOON from Macau | Mar. 19, 2011 03:43
It's true that China embassy doesn't recognize dual nationality, your wife can't hold China passport once she obtained Australian passport. Your wife has to go to her hometown to cancell her Chinese passport at the Exit-Entry Administrative Bureau of Public Security Bureau, at get a visa on the Australia passport.
Related Questions:
Any bus transport from Kaiping to Zhanjiang, bus schedule and time taken ?
Asked by jenny from Malaysia
| Jul. 17, 2014 03:45
Re Hong Kong/Macau visit with a few one day trips over border into China
Asked by David Pemberton from Australia
| Jan. 20, 2012 22:02
Hi, We (4 pax) will be travelling to Haikou on April 19th to 30th, 2010 f...
Asked by Mr.Leow Robert from Singapore
| Mar. 03, 2010 01:55
Hi, I am Malaysian and my wife is Vietnamese. We will be travelling to Vanc...
Asked by Mr.Mark from Malaysia
| Jul. 15, 2009 04:18
Flight leaving has stopover in same country we left from??
Asked by Paul Jones from Australia
| Dec. 22, 2015 19:27
Using 144hrs Transit Visa from Perth via Spore stopover to Shanghai (1-6Apr...
Asked by Trish from Australia
| Dec. 15, 2016 00:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)