Asked by Mr.Y from M'sia | Mar. 01, 2011 20:58
About:Shenzhen Travel

I will be leaving Hong Kong to Shenzhen on Monday (06/06/11) with my family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids).

1. PLease give me instructions on how to get to Shenzen thru MRT/train from our Hotel (Casa Hotel, Hong Kong). When is the best time to prevent the jam for crossing the border (Lo Wu)?
2. We will be staying overnight at Somerset Garden City Shenzhen. Arriving at the border (Lo Wu), how are we going there with the cheaper way by public transport (i.e. MRT/Bus)? How much would be the fare?
3. Please help us with our itinerary in Shenzhen, what to visit and what are the transportation to take to get to those places? How much are the fares going to those places?
4. Any big shopping complex in Shenzen? How to go there?
5. From our hotel (Somerset Garden City), how to get to Shenzhen International Airport. What transport to take and how much is the fare?

Thank you very much for sharing and taking your time in helping.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Sam | Mar. 02, 2011 00:21
1. From the hotel, it is suggested that you take a taxi to Hung Hom train station and then transfer to KCR East Rail train to Lo Wu directly.
2. From Lo Wu border of Shenzhen, you could take the metro Line 1
(CNY6/adult) and get off at the station of Shenzhen University. The hotel is located about 4km away from the metro station, so hire a taxi driving to the hotel.
3. How many days will you stay in Shenzhen? Anyway, you should go to see the Window of the World and the Splendid China. Doing shopping at Dongmen Street and the wholesale markets in Lo Wu is also interesting. In fact, your hotel is far from downtown area and the prosperous Lo Wu district. If possible, it is suggested that you book a hotel in Lo Wu. Here, you could also take shuttle bus Line 1 from Shenzhen Railway Station to the Airport directly.
4. After visiting the Window of the World, you may go to the neabry Huaqiaocheng, where large shopping centers could be found.
5. You could take a taxi to the airport, the fare of which should be no more than CNY80.
Related Questions:
Apply for China visa in Hong Kong or at Shenzen port on arrival
Asked by jayakumar from india
| Dec. 25, 2011 00:37
Do I apply for a visa online or will the 72 hour transit be okay as I am no...
Asked by Kon from Ireland
| Mar. 13, 2017 08:07
Suggest a budget accommodation in HKG that is convenient to go to HKG Disne...
Asked by Kamarul from Malaysia
| Nov. 22, 2017 21:07
traveling on a us passport with less then 30 day left
Asked by Denise Ng from USA
| Apr. 04, 2014 04:17
i want to travel from beijing to hanoi in veitnam and hoping to use the 72 ...
Asked by Jake from England
| Aug. 07, 2014 22:05
Hi, I will go to HK in Mid March with my family (2 aduls & 3 kids). May ...
Asked by Mrs.Levi from Indonesia
| Feb. 20, 2010 01:44
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)