Asked by Mr.Daniel from Canada | Feb. 17, 2011 14:20
About:China Embassy in Canada

I am looking to fly from Kathmandu to Beijing in April, however the only route with Air China is the following:

Flight 1: Air China Flight CA408 from Kathmandu, Nepal to Chengdu,China (including 1 transit stop) [Departure 10:35,Arrival 16:45]

Flight 2: Air China Flight CA4111 from Chengdu, China to Beijing, China [Departure 19:00, Arrival 21:30]

Through looking at the flights in more detail. Flight 1 makes a one hour transit stop in Lhasa, Tibet. I am not interested in deplaning in Tibet, but I am concerned that additional permits may be required in reaching my final destination, Beijing.

Are any permits required if a flight from Kathmandu to Chengdu transits via Lhasa?

Thank you,

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.HELPER from Canada | Feb. 17, 2011 21:35
To ensure your trip, you should have a Tibet Entry Permit issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau and a valid visa, then you can take the flight from Kathmandu to Beijing.

It is possible for you to get a Tibet Entry Permit from a travel agency in Kathmandu.
Related Questions:
UK - Chengdu - Guilin - UK - Which route would be best?
Asked by caz from UK
| Mar. 26, 2012 01:11
Can I connect in from Shanghai to Guangzhou then onto another country with ...
Asked by Luke from Canada
| Feb. 22, 2018 14:40
I am planning to fly with Air China from Qingdao (Shandong) to Sydney (Aust...
Asked by Ms.Bluey
| Jan. 28, 2011 00:04
question about 72 hour visa-free transit
Asked by daniel burford from Australia
| Feb. 13, 2016 21:56
I am looking to fly into Xian from Bangkok in August 2009. does anybody hav...
Asked by Mr.Paul from UK
| Aug. 29, 2009 04:17
Is there a free hotel for long connection fly?
Asked by Bay Tran from United States
| Mar. 26, 2018 20:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)