Asked by Ms.Michelle from USA | Feb. 02, 2011 19:01
About:China Consulate in San Francisco

Hi. I have some questions regarding applying for a visa to visit China.

I was born in Hong Kong. I was under 12 years old, so my mother didn't have help me apply for a Hong Kong passport when the family immigrated here since I can use hers to travel with her along. Now I'm over 21 years old and I am a U.S. citizen. Also we can't find my mother's old Hong Kong passport. I only have the first page of my Home Return permit from childhood (my mother wanted to save the picture). On that one-piece page, it has a scan bar above, which should hold my personal information and a stamp to prove that it's from a real Home Return permit. I also have the current Hong Kong ID card.

My questions are:
1. Can I still request for a visa to China since it asks for a Hong Kong/China permit and I never requested for a Hong Kong passport?

2. With what I have, can I request for a Home Return Permit?



Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.MILES from China | Feb. 06, 2011 00:01
Do you have a US passport? If yes, you can not apply for Home return permit, but if you want to visit China, a tourist visa to China is easy for you.
Related Questions:
Dear Sir/madam who anyone concern, right here i am writing for some questi...
Asked by Ms.Kadek Sukaningsih from Indonesia
| Jun. 21, 2009 21:33
Good afternoon, i would like some information regarding applying for a mult...
Asked by Mr.Richard Cawston from New Zealand
| Sep. 02, 2010 02:57
Hi there.Im a NZ citizen wishing to apply for a Z work visa to work in Chin...
Asked by Mr.Carey from NZ
| Nov. 11, 2009 21:58
Hi, I have a question regarding applying the X visa. I am holding an Indone...
Asked by Ms.Lily from Indonesia
| Nov. 21, 2009 04:31
Requirements for a Student Visa in China
Asked by Anne from China
| May. 26, 2011 02:27
Different entry/departure cities in China
Asked by Juliet Jones from France
| Oct. 08, 2012 04:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)