Asked by Mr.Nir from Israel | Feb. 01, 2011 05:23
About:China Student Visa

Hello everyone,
I am registered to a chinese university for one semester. Therefore, my JW202 form says that my study period is only 5 months. As a result of this, I cannot apply for X visa (at least 6 months are required for it), only for a 5-months F visa.
My problem is that I am willing to stay in China for another semester. I didn't want to register to one university for a whole year (in case I don't like it), and allow myself the possibilty of changing the university after one semester.
My question is: is it possible to extend my F visa in China, for 5-6 more months (with me providing the required JW202 form?).
Or, if I do register for one year, can I change my F visa into X visa in China?
Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ENID from China | Feb. 04, 2011 21:54
F visa can not be changed or extended while in China; But if you will change to another university, they will help you with a new form for visa application, don't worry, you can apply for a new F or X visa in Isreal or in HK/Macao if you do not want to go back home. Visa can not be changed once issue, so, it is ok to enter China with this F visa.
Related Questions:
Switching to another university on X-2 visa
Asked by Rob from United Kingdom
| Nov. 17, 2014 21:15
X2 visa valid for 180 days after entry
Asked by Steve from India
| Jul. 19, 2014 01:44
X1 visa to x2 visa
Asked by Ellen Andersson from Sverige
| Oct. 10, 2017 22:01
Hello. I am an Irish citizen and wish to study in Beijing for one semester....
Asked by Ms.Mary from Irela
| Nov. 03, 2009 21:57
Change University and Visa
Asked by Khan from India
| Feb. 14, 2016 02:56
I have the persmission to study from March 2017 to August 2017 in China.
Asked by mark velbert
| Dec. 20, 2016 00:27
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)