Asked by Ms.Marisa from Canada/Korea | Jan. 19, 2011 06:59
About:China Embassy in South Korea


I am a Canadian teaching english in Korea. I am planning to go to China for a week in February. I have my alien registration card with more than six months remaining, BUT I just realized that my E2 visa is actually only a "single-entry" visa. I know that I can change it to a multiple-entry visa (or buy a single extra entry) by going to immigration in Seoul or at the airport, but here is my concern:

Will my application for a Chinese tourist visa be denied because my Korean E2 visa is currently only good for a single-entry??

Obviously I should have changed my korean E2 visa before, but I didn't realize it was single-entry until I had already submitted the chinese visa application. Now I'm worried my application will be denied and I may not have time to re-apply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks so much,


Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Bob | Jan. 20, 2011 02:47
Please don't worry, your application won't be denied, once you get Korean Alien Registration Card, the E2 visa is useless. It doesn't influence China visa application.
Related Questions:
I am a Canadian who is teaching english in South Korea.
Asked by Mr.Alexander
| Aug. 10, 2009 21:48
Hello. I am a Canadian teaching english in South Korea and would like to t...
Asked by Mr.Alexander
| Jul. 09, 2009 22:11
I am a Canadian currently teaching English in Korea. I would like to know ...
Asked by Ms.Monica Roberts from Canada
| Feb. 24, 2009 00:46
Canadian citizen applying for Chinese VISA in HongKong
Asked by John from Korea
| Oct. 18, 2011 21:41
teach and live in South Korea. But am Canadian. Do I need a visa to enter H...
Asked by Lisa from Canada
| Oct. 28, 2016 02:57
Work visa as an ESL teacher in South Korea
| Nov. 03, 2013 02:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)