Asked by Mr.Ken from USA | Jan. 03, 2011 01:56
About:China Transit Visa

I am an Australian citizen traveling on China Airlines with a 10 hr stopover in Beijing. I have read your other postings and information that I apparently do need a visa to leave the airport for a short tour.
But other blogs have indicated that a visa is not required if you have your international boarding pass to show your connecting flight.
"As long as the OP is on intl-to-intl transit, he does NOT have to stay at the airport and does NOT need a Chinese visa. He just has to go through the special immigration desk marked "international transit" with passport and onward boarding pass, and he'll get a transit stamp good for up to 24 hours."
Can you confirm please?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.Mia from China | Jan. 03, 2011 03:56
Yes, it is true. you will be given a one day stay permit at the airport if you want to go out of the airport during stopover.
Related Questions:
I am an australian citizen intending to visit Japan. If we fly with China A...
Asked by Mrs.Nied from Australia
| Nov. 11, 2009 21:39
hi, I am an american citizen traveling from Australia back home to L.A. I h...
Asked by Ms.candice from usa
| Mar. 06, 2011 01:00
Visa required for stopover?
Asked by Jessica
| Jun. 04, 2013 01:47
Cruise Ship stopover visa requirement.
Asked by Leanne Brock
| Oct. 12, 2016 02:27
I am Indian citizen going to India from USA via Beijing with a 23 hr stopov...
Asked by Mr.Sarthak Nayak from India
| Aug. 04, 2010 03:51
i was told here in israel that i must apply for transit visa. is this corre...
Asked by jason from Israel
| Nov. 19, 2015 19:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)