Asked by Mr.Cocoa from USA | Dec. 11, 2010 09:31
About:Marriage Registration in China


I am a US citizen and I teach English in China. I want to mary my Indian boyfriend who also lives and works in the same Chinese city as I do. What would be the procedure for us? Would I have to return to the USA to handle my paperwork? Would he need to go back to India for his? Please advise. Thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.MILES from China | Dec. 11, 2010 21:53
According to the General Principles of the Civil Law of China, if both partners are foreigners, you can register your marriage at the registration office in the city where you both live. Generally speaking, at least one of you must reside in China.
you both should back to your own country for the certificate of marriageability, sames as a single status certificate, signed and notarized by both related US and Chinese authority. Application requirements may vary from office to office, so, you'd better visit your local registration office in China before back to US.
Related Questions:
Hi, Is there an upper age limit for a visa to work in China?
Ms.TERRYB473 from United Kingdom
| Feb. 23, 2011 20:16
Hello, I would like to teach English in China. I am a teacher of English...
Asked by Mrs.Rusudan from Georgia
| Apr. 14, 2011 02:11
Which visa should I get?
Asked by Kirsten from Netherlands
| May. 08, 2014 03:19
Teaching English in China for retired person 66 years young
Asked by Frank from USA
| Mar. 25, 2018 21:56
Greetings My name is Frederick Rowe. I am a U.S. citizen and teach Engli...
Asked by Mr.Rowe from South Korea
| Mar. 14, 2010 19:52
Working visa for education
Asked by marc from USA
| Jul. 17, 2018 22:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)