Asked by Mr.R from Japan | Dec. 09, 2010 22:49
About:Chinese Embassy in Japan

Hello: I am a US citizen living in Japan. I will be passing through Shanghai (not changing airport but transiting at the same airport) and I have a long 12 lay over. I would like to make a quick trip to Shanghai downtown for fun. I heard that if you are in Shanghai for less than 48 hours and have a return ticket, you can get free visa on arrival. Is that true? Please let me know what I need to do for this, if anything.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Dec. 11, 2010 02:17
Yes, it is true, you don't need a visa to Shanghai( for less than 48 hours transit. You can go to Shanghai downtown for fun. When you arrive in the airport, you can get a one day stay permit in the immigration office at the airport to go to downtown.
Related Questions:
US Citizen Living in Japan issues
Asked by George Smutny from Japan and USA
| Aug. 17, 2017 22:58
Hello, I'm a US citizen living in Japan. I'm planning to visit China. What ...
Asked by Mr.jason from japan
| Dec. 21, 2009 20:50
Does a US Citizen w/ invitation letter need to go through a travel agency?
Asked by Linda P. from Japan
| Feb. 06, 2014 21:57
Application for short term tourist visa, without travel angency
Asked by Nikolai Aasberg from Norway
| Oct. 20, 2014 03:26
Am US citizen living in Japan do i need a visa to visit Hong-Kong for 7 day...
Asked by Dominic Ntow from Japan
| Aug. 17, 2016 03:45
How much for a French citizen living in Tokyo ?
Asked by tse
| Sep. 17, 2013 02:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)