Asked by Mr.Schneider from USA | Nov. 08, 2010 19:10
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

Our son recently moved to Shenzhen to work for approx 3 years. He is an expat and his company is paying for his apartment, etc.

We want to plan a visit, we would fly into Hong Kong before entering Shenzhen. What type of visa do we need and how long before we travel do we need to apply? Also how long is it good for? If we want to visit him several times do we need to apply each time? Thanks you

Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Nancy from USA | Nov. 09, 2010 01:57
You need tourist visa to China, you need to apply for a China visa about one month in advance of your intended date of entry into China, and do not apply 3 months earlier than your intended date of entry into China.

A single entry tourist visa is only valid for 3 months. You can apply for a one year multiple-entry tourist visa if you want to visit him several times, then you don't need to apply each time.
Related Questions:
Cancelled work permit but not residence permit re-enter China?
Asked by Maja from Norway
| May. 15, 2017 20:19
Moving, new career, good for our family?
Asked by Daline from USA
| Nov. 01, 2016 21:17
Can we extend my son's visa from Macau? He has South African Passport
Asked by Fatima from South Africa
| Feb. 27, 2014 00:30
1985 Ox female 1987 rabbit male
Asked by Allies from United Kingdom
| May. 31, 2018 21:07
Considering taking Bailianjing (Shanghai East) Long Distance bus from Shang...
Asked by Mr.flyboy from USA
| Mar. 27, 2011 20:17
Urgent, Please Help Us!!!My husband and I are American citizens, we have le...
Asked by Mrs.April Potyondy from China
| May. 08, 2009 02:15
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)