Asked by Mr.Max Lau from USA | Oct. 21, 2010 14:39
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

My wife and I are planning to purchase real estate in China. We both hold green cards in the US. My wife still has proper identification card in China which enable her to purchase real estate. She is going to China by herself to close this transaction. The company in China says that I need to be on the deed of the real estate and will need to sign a letter to my wife to authorize her to sign documents on my behalf. They say I need to have the Chinese Embassy to "notarize" the authorization letter.

Can you tell me exactly what I need to do? What kind of documents are required of me? How much will this cost?

Thank you very much for you help.


Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Nancy from USA | Oct. 22, 2010 04:22
Mr.Max Lau, the procedure is complex

1. Signed a power of attorney before a notary public.
2. Certified by the clerk of Court of the County in which the document is commissioned if applicable. It may be omitted if the authority in item 3 will certify directly to the notary.
3.Certified by the Secretary of the State in which the document is executed
4. Certified by the relevant Consulate - General. You must apply to the correct Consulate - General which holds consular jurisdiction over the area where the document is executed.
For applicants who live in the consular jurisdiction of the Embassy, documents after being certified by the authority in item 3 shall be certified by the U. S. Departments of State Authentication Office, and then by the Embassy.

Documents to be included with applications:

1. One Authentication Application Form (G1).
2. power of attorney, and a photocopy of the document.
3. Photocopy of your passport or driver license.

The fee is $20.00
Related Questions:
I need 10-yr, mult-entry visa. I have two bus.: Real Estate brokerage & aut...
Asked by J Paul Ogden from USA
| May. 21, 2017 21:55
Hi, I am a snake and my husband is dragon.
| Nov. 12, 2017 21:42
tom real estate GUANGZHOU Is it a known real estate agent in guangzhou?
Mr.ABOSALEH from Saudi Arabia
| Jul. 01, 2010 21:04
Do I need a visa to travel to China to find Luxury Real Estate investors?
Asked by Kathy Peltz from Canada
| May. 29, 2014 03:53
Being Canadian, can we purchase a house or condo suite for good?
Asked by Mrs.Chung from Canada
| Aug. 19, 2010 04:02
Tourist with Business Inquiries
Asked by Christine from Canada
| Sep. 24, 2013 21:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)