Asked by Ms.ROBRODJR from United States | Sep. 10, 2010 03:24
About:China Consulates in South Korea

I'm currently working as an ESL teacher in Korea. I'm close to getting a job in China as soon as my current work contract ends (October 15). My potential employers want me to apply for a L (tourist) visa in Korea before I arrive in China. Now all non-Koreans need their ARC cards to apply in Korea, right? But, my ARC will expire as soon as I leave Korea. Can I still get a L visa during the duration of my ARC (up to October 15). Since I'm an American should I use a travel agency working with the proper authorities to help me? Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from China | Sep. 10, 2010 22:12
It's true that non-Korean applicants need to provide the ARC card valid for at least 6 months, but I know that the China consulate in Busan has not applied this rule, you can use a travel agency which has the office in Busan to apply for China visa for you. Anyhow, have a try!
Related Questions:
Living in Hohhot
Asked by Annie
| Aug. 07, 2013 20:33
i am a canadian citizen and have been working as an ESL teacher in korea si...
Asked by Ms.anahita from korea
| Apr. 21, 2010 02:09
american esl teacher in korea would like to travel to china for christmas b...
Asked by joel klimas from south korea
| Sep. 23, 2011 02:58
I am currently working in WeiHai, Shandong as a teacher. Where do I apply f...
Asked by Daniel from China
| Apr. 01, 2012 01:33
I'd worked in China as an ESL teacher in Jilin Province last year. Now, I'm...
Asked by Mr.Juan from Philippines
| Jan. 28, 2011 01:12
Change working permt into tourist visa
Asked by Kirsten from China
| Nov. 26, 2014 21:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)