Asked by Mr.Sheridan from Australia | Aug. 31, 2010 04:01
About:China Embassy in Australia

Hello.I want to go to China in a few months time to marry,The future wife cant migrate to Australia for two years due to family and work commitments.I want to know how long can I stay there at a time and is the Multi-Entry Visa with 12-month Validity the correct one for me,How many entries are Australians allowed to make on this visa ,after the visa expires in 12 months can I renew it for the next 12 months.In between visits to China is it allowed for me to live in Hong Kong or do I have to come back to Australia.Can you also tell me what is the requirements if I want to stay in China permanently.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from China | Sep. 04, 2010 03:39
Mr.Sheridan, now, you can't get a multiple-entry visa to China because you have not made marriage registration with the Chinese woman, you can apply for a single-entry L visa to go to China first, after you made the marriage license, you can go to the local Exit & Enter department under Public Security Bureau where your wife lives to apply for a one year residence permit, the residence permit allows mutiple entry, and more than 6 months stay duration.
Related Questions:
I want to go to China for business but cant find forms
Asked by Musana from Uganda
| May. 20, 2016 22:02
How to apply? I am a Nigeria citizen and my brother too.
Asked by George from Nigeria
| Jul. 09, 2018 19:55
converting s2 to s1 in Shanghai
Asked by Sarah from China
| Oct. 17, 2016 20:05
Marrying my Chinese wife in New Zealand and travel to China.
Asked by Alex from New Zealand
| Nov. 07, 2016 20:21
I am british can I get a china visa while I am touring new zealand
Asked by Tana from England
| Dec. 23, 2013 21:22
Applying second visa to China
Asked by Peter from Finland
| Sep. 12, 2012 21:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)