Asked by Mr.Christopher from USA | Aug. 13, 2010 14:22
About:China Visa Application in USA

I am applying for a Chinese visa so that I can visit my girlfriend's family this winter. I am a dual British/American citizen and the fees involved are significantly cheaper for British citizens when applying in Chicago. I was wondering if it would be possible to apply for a visa on my British passport and use a photocopy of my American passport instead of a visa/green card. I was also wondering if doing so would decrease my chances of getting an accepted visa if I applied to an American consulate as a Brit isntead of as an American?
Thank you for your time

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.MILES from China | Aug. 13, 2010 22:41
Mr.Christopher, I'm afraid that you can't apply for China visa by using your Brithish passport and copy of your American passport, you'd better use the USA passport to apply for China visa at the China Consulate-General in Chicago.
Related Questions:
I came to China on a tourist Visa 3 weeks ago, now I am in Korea visitng my...
Asked by Mr.Brett from USA
| Jul. 16, 2009 02:10
Australian teenager travelling to China with his Chinese girlfriend and her...
Asked by Shelley from Austalia
| Sep. 06, 2015 03:41
I'm holding Cambodia pp, but I live in South Korea holding F6 visa, how can...
Asked by touch chandara from Korea
| Feb. 23, 2016 21:33
Any ideas for gifts for my son's girlfriends parents in China, we are Engli...
Asked by dot parr from GB
| May. 14, 2016 21:57
Hi, For my financial expenses can I give my brother's surity? For china vis...
Asked by Mohammed from India
| May. 02, 2012 03:17
Notarized Certificate of Relationship -
Asked by Sachin from HK
| Sep. 10, 2015 02:13
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)