Asked by Mr.KALLISTAMIST000 from Australia | Aug. 11, 2010 01:14
About:China Embassy in Australia

Dear sir/madam
I'm an Australian citizen currently visiting South Korea. I would like to travel to China for 2-3 weeks but do not yet have a flight ticket to China. Will I need to show a flight ticket (either one way or return) to obtain a tourist visa? Also, how long will it take approximately to get this visa from Seoul? Is it preferable to purchase the ticket first and then apply for a visa?
Greg Marr

Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Vivian from Australia | Aug. 12, 2010 01:50
Mr.KALLISTAMIST000, you have to apply for a China visa through one of the travel agencies designated by China embassy/consulate in South Korea, now the important requirements is the Alien Registration Card valid for at least for 6 months rather than the flight ticket. If the flight tickets are required, you can book it through the travel agencies, however, I don't think you can get a China visa in South Korea because you don't have the alien registration card. Now aliens other than Korean can't get a China visa from China embassy in Seoul if they don't have the alien registration card valid for 6 months, but they still have a chance to get it from the China consulate in Busan, but you even don't have the alien registration card valid for less than 6 months. You can't get the visa from the China consulate in Busan, either.
Related Questions:
Dear sir/mam, I am a citizen of China, currently live in US with H1-B vi...
Asked by Ms.Renhua from USA
| May. 25, 2010 03:36
Travel to China and Taiwan
Asked by stefano from Korea
| Jul. 10, 2013 04:34
Hi, I am an Australian citizen currently in Korea for travel. I am planning...
Asked by Ms.Lee from Australia
| Feb. 11, 2010 20:37
Dear Chinese embassy in Korea, I am currently visiting Korea for about one...
Asked by Mr.Chris from Swiss
| Aug. 05, 2009 22:50
I am a U.S. citizen currently visiting South Korea. Will I qualify for a vi...
Asked by Grace
| Aug. 11, 2013 02:47
By the way. I am currently in Korea working and living, but I am an America...
Asked by Ms.paul from USA
| Jul. 06, 2009 21:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)