Asked by Mr.Shadoan from Autralia | Jun. 24, 2010 04:30
About:China Embassy in Australia

As an Australian P assport holder resident in South Australia so I have to apply for a tourist visa by mail to the Canberra office.
Your site states Visa Fees:-
Visa Fees
Please pay by cash, bank check, money order or company check. And the "payee" should be CHINESE EMBASSY IN AUSTRALIA. Personal check, credit card or bank card are not acceptable. All payments should be written in one check or money order. The credit card of the handling charge is AUD 1 if the total amount is less than AUD 100, and AUD 1.5 for the total amount more than AUD 100.
It says Credit Card and Bank Card are not accepted and then goes on to say that a fee is charged if a credit card is used. This is confusing. CAN I PAY BY CREDIT CARD and incurr the $A1.00 fee by post or do you have to correct your web site instructions,

Answers (2)
Answered by Ms.JABAROOTOO from China | Jun. 24, 2010 09:47
If you post your application you must use a Money Order from the Post office.

The reference to the credit card and personal cheques is only relevant if you are paying in person in Canberra or at one of other the offices that are now open in capital cities.
Answered by Mrs.Vivian from Australia | Jun. 24, 2010 19:51
From 2 January 2008, The Consular Section of the Chinese Embassy will only accept the following methods of payment for visa, passport, notarization and authentication:

Bank Cheque (Payee: Chinese Embassy)

Money Order (Payee: Chinese Embassy)

Credit Card and Saving Card

Please Note: Credit Card and Saving Card payments are acceptable for reception pick up only. A surcharge of A$1 will be added to the total amount less than A$100; or A$1.5 for the amount more than A$100.
Related Questions:
I am permanent resident in Australia, New South Wales but I am Vietnam pas...
Asked by Mrs.Hanna Le from Australia
| Feb. 10, 2011 19:24
Australian permanent resident on a Sri Lankan passport - 7 days tourist vis...
Asked by nads from Sri Lanka/ Australia PR
| Nov. 02, 2014 21:47
Do I need visa to Hongkong as I want to visit hong kong 5 days?
Asked by Huong
| May. 29, 2013 04:37
Hi, I am an australian passport holder, also a dual resident of hk and aust...
Asked by Ms.joanne from australia
| May. 06, 2009 22:45
Hi I am An Australian married to a Chinese so do i still have to apply for ...
Asked by Mr.Robinson from Australia
| Feb. 06, 2011 03:30
How to get vistors visa fast for a week - Australian Permanent resident on...
Asked by nads from Sri Lanka
| Nov. 03, 2014 00:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)