Asked by Mr.James from australia | Jun. 23, 2010 20:57
About:China Embassy in Australia

I'm abit confused now about which visa is most appropriate for me. I am travelling to China and staying there for something like 3-6 months. I was going to be staying with friends and hopefully even find a cheap place to reside for a while. Basically, the itinerary is nothing solid over that time.

which visa would you recommend me getting?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Vivian from Australia | Jun. 23, 2010 23:04
Mr.james, you can apply for a single-entry L visa (Tourist Visa) and ask for 6 months stay duration, Normally the duration of stay of a "L" visa is 30 days, which means the holder of the visa may stay in China for up to 30 days from the date of entry. If your estimated stay in China is longer than 30 days, please make it clear in the application form and ask for the Visa Officer's approval when you submit your application..

maybe your 6 months stay duration is refused, you only get a single-entry visa permits 30 days stay duration, after arrival, you can go to the local Exit & Enter Department to apply for extension of stay duration, however, the L visa can only be extended twice.

you can also have a try to apply for double-entry visa valid for 6 months, you ask for 60 days stay duration per entry.

Consular officers decide on the visa's period of validity, duration of stay and number of entry in the light of China's laws and regulations.
Related Questions:
How about return flight tickets that China consular has requested?
Asked by Jul from Latvia
| Dec. 12, 2016 01:45
i was born on 1feb1993, tell me abit more about my personality please.
Asked by stammatt from south africa
| Nov. 27, 2014 02:50
hi,my friend just arrived from japan and gaved me a ps3 model no. CECH-2100...
Asked by Mr.mark from china
| Apr. 26, 2010 22:44
Im planning to stay in my girlfriend's house for 30 days.Do I need an L or ...
Asked by Hector from Puerto Rico
| Oct. 10, 2016 02:50
female snake undesisive between male horse or male ox!
Asked by Lucy from USA
| Jan. 06, 2013 13:43
Best Visa for moving out to China to join spouse and work
Asked by Daniel from England
| Mar. 05, 2015 02:15
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)