Asked by Mr.Jay B. from Canada | Jun. 20, 2010 14:08
About:China Business Visa


I am a student with a 6 month F-Visa that will expire on the 27th of July 2010. My latest entry into China was on January 27th 2010 and I would like to stay until the end of August. I would like to extend my F-Visa for 3 months and if possible to have it with multiple entries (but not necessary). I'm on a very tight budget so I would like to know the least expensive method. I've been told that they allow 10 days expiry without penalty and 500rmb everyday afterwards. Is this true?
Finally, my last complication is that I've misplaced my Temporary Residence Permit that I received from the police station. Would I be able to get another one (possibly by staying at a hotel) and if not what are my options?

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance. I look forward to your reply,


Jay B.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Simon | Jun. 21, 2010 04:19
Generally speaking, the F visa can be extended for another 30 days stay duration, but it is 0 entry, it is impossible for you to get a multiple entries, if you want to 3 months extension of stay duration, you have to have the official notification letter from the authorized Chinese government office.

If you overstay in China for less than 10 days, you won't be fined, the immigration office jsut gives you a warning, otherwise, you should pay for the penalty.

Please go to the police station to report the loss of your temporary residence permit and apply for a new one.
Related Questions:
hi!! were having a 4 day tour on the 27th in hongkong.. my passport will ex...
Asked by Ms.nini from philippines
| Dec. 22, 2008 04:07
hellooo i am a filipino student in beijing, holding a student visa. my pas...
Asked by Mr.rayn from Philippines
| May. 25, 2010 02:37
Hi, I am an international student studying in Quebec, Canada. My passport w...
Asked by Ms.Qiu Luan Feng from China
| Sep. 18, 2009 01:00
Leaving on day of expiry
Asked by May from Australia
| Jun. 04, 2018 21:37
Hi i am currently in china my student visa will expire on may 15
Asked by Michael from Kenya
| May. 07, 2018 21:33
Can I renew my student resident permit and stay in China for two more month...
Asked by Marta from United Kingdom
| Jul. 12, 2011 05:00
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)