Asked by Ms.Geeta from Nepal | Jun. 16, 2010 05:12
About:Chinese Embassy in Nepal

Dear Sir,

I would be greatful to get the information on Hong Kong VISA. Can a Nepali (Ex-British Gurkha Soldier) passport holder with UK ILR (indefine leave to remain)enter to Hong Kong for a short visit? Or do we need to apply fresh VISA for Hong Kong? If so, what are the requirements for those who do not have sponsor in Hong Kong?

Looking forward to have a response at your earliest.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Steven | Jun. 20, 2010 01:43
1) Nepalese citizens are required to hold a valid Hong Kong (HK) visa when visit or transit HK, including the direct transit (stay within the transit area of the HK airport).

2) The applicants, if apply for visa to visit/transit HK for the first time, should apply directly to the Immigration Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).

3) HK transit visa (3 months valid, double-entry, 7 days each entry at most), or HK visit visa (3 months valid, double-entry, 14 days each entry at most) could be issued to the Nepalese Diplomatic/Official passport holders traveling on official purpose and the Nepalese ordinary passport holders traveling on business purpose.

4) Application Documents: HK Visit/Transit Visa Application Form (ID1003A and ID1003B), one recent passport-photo size color photograph of the applicant, one photocopy of the passport page containing the personal particulars, proof of the applicant's financial standing (e.g. bank statements, salary certificate issued by the company), air tickets booking, travel itinerary, etc.

Ordinary passport holders should provide an invitation letter issued by the company in HK and visa recommendation letter from the company in Nepal. if you don't have a company in Hk which issue the invitation letter an dvisa recommendation letter for you, you can't apply for Hong Kong visa

5) Please download the HK visa application form (ID1003A and ID1003B) at the website of the Immigration Department of HKSAR:
Related Questions:
how to apply hongkong tourist visa from nepal and what are the requirements...
Asked by janga from Nepal
| Nov. 18, 2011 23:51
Am on business visit to hong kong 1st week of March, live 4 nights in HK, I...
Asked by Mr.VICTOR from India
| Feb. 23, 2011 01:49
Dear Sir/Madam, Can I get a visa in one day?
Asked by Mr.Reck from Germany
| Apr. 13, 2010 04:33
dear sir/madam i would like the information that what ferry services are ...
Asked by Ms.Dhutia from IN
| May. 27, 2009 22:59
Dear Sir, I already applied via post according to check list but I do no...
Asked by Mr.Ratna Limbu from Nepal
| Jan. 10, 2010 05:01
Tourist Visa to visit Hong Kong Disneyland with my family
Asked by Mr.Sajid from Pakistan
| May. 07, 2011 01:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)