Asked by Mr.Dixon from Australia | Jun. 13, 2010 19:34
About:China Embassy in Australia

I have been advised via the enclosed document that I in fact need to your advice was I dont need to register with the local police on a L tourist visa returning to Australia in 30 days I am confused could you please verify if the rules have changed?

All foreigners (tourists, visitors, and long-term residents) must register their place of residence with the local Public Security Bureau within 24 hours of arrival. Foreign nationals with resident permits are reminded to register after every re-entry into China from abroad as they are not exempted from this regulation which is now being more strictly enforced. If you are in a hotel, registration is done as part of the check-in process. Those staying with family or friends in a private home must also observe this requirement. Failure to do so can result in fines and/or detention.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Maria from China | Jun. 14, 2010 03:58
You need to register at the local police station within 24 hours after arriving in China, in fact, it doesn't matter if you doesn't make the registration. As I know, many foreigners doesn't make the registration if they just stay in China for a short period. Law is law, this is the minor thing. If you exit China on time, no problems will happen.

In accordance with relevant law and regulations of China, if you stay in a rented house or lodge at the home of a Chinese resident, you should, within 24 hours (72 hours in rural areas) of your arrival, report and register your accommodation at the local police station. Accommodation registration is not requested if you lodge at a hotel.
Related Questions:
Hi I am travelling to Hong Kong and have been advised to take antibiotics d...
Asked by Ms.Dee from Australia
| Aug. 03, 2010 01:44
Non-resident foreigner travelling through Russia to China
Asked by Erik from United Kingdom
| Jun. 28, 2014 03:28
Prefecture de l'Aude cannot supply Residence Permits to EEC Citizens
Asked by Mrs.Oldham
| May. 07, 2011 03:43
Hi, we are arriving in Haikou in March 2014 and hold a current Australian p...
Asked by Greg from Austraila
| Feb. 05, 2014 03:35
Sir, i have been visiting China for 3 yrs on my business. Every Month i h...
Asked by Mr.Noor Kamal from Bangladesh
| Feb. 02, 2010 02:49
what is HKSAR visa
Asked by jalil from Iran
| Oct. 12, 2013 02:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)