Asked by Mr.Pierce from Australia | Jun. 03, 2010 00:41
About:China Embassy in Australia

I have an Australian passport and wish to travel to Shanghai to visit the Expo but will be in the USA for most of the intervening period. Can I apply for a Visa to visit china whilst I'm in San Jose, California.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Adam from USA | Jun. 03, 2010 03:02
Mr.Pierce, it is advisable to apply for China visa in Austrlia,
as I know, Temporary foreign visitors with a valid US visa or foreign residents with legitimate status in the US, may apply for Chinese visa to the Visa Office of the Chinese Embassy. The visa officer may ask the applicant to provide the original and photocopy of their US Green Card,Work Permit,I-20 Form, valid US Visa or other additional documents and make a decision on whether to issue the visa case by case.

On the other hand, there is not china consulate in San Jose, there are one embassy and 5 consulates in USA, Embassy in Washington DC, Consulate in Chicago, Houston, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco.
Related Questions:
Dear, I have received an invitation from Fasteners Expo Shanghai for vis...
Asked by Mr.Ahsen from Saudi Arabia
| Apr. 21, 2010 03:01
Hello! I would like to travel next month to the Shanghai Expo for one we...
Asked by Mr.Chris from Ukraine
| Apr. 27, 2010 04:47
Travel to the China Beauty expo in Shanghai have a valid SA pasport do i ne...
Asked by vanessa from south afirca
| Apr. 03, 2013 04:32
Please advise how I can obtain a Chinese Tourist Visa in Qatar to visit Sha...
Asked by Ms.Margaret from Australia
| May. 28, 2010 04:02
QUICK HELP PLEASE!! I live and Suzhou and plan to visit the Shanghai Expo ...
Asked by Mr.James Bond from China
| Sep. 15, 2010 04:46
i have a plan to visit shanghai expo at 19 july 2010, and i want to ask how...
Asked by Ms.lenny from Indonesia
| Jun. 10, 2010 04:13
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)