Asked by Mr.David from USA | May. 24, 2010 01:23
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

My one-year residence permit expires on July 1 this year, but I was interesting in traveling around China for the duration of July. Is there any easy way to convert the residence permit into a tourist visa WITHOUT leaving the country (aka going to Hong Kong)? I am currently in Hangzhou, but even going to Shanghai would be more convenient/cheaper than going to Hong Kong to change. Would the local Hangzhou office be able to take care of this and, if so, any idea on how much it would cost?

Also, does anyone have any idea how easy it is to get a tourist visa for entering China while one is in Turkey or Kazakhstan? Life-saver - thank you!!!

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.HELPER from China | May. 25, 2010 02:46
You are not able to apply or change a China visa within China, so the only way is to go to Hk.
Related Questions:
I have 1 year's residence permit (L visa-visiting family, as I'm married wi...
Asked by Mr.Alberto from Spain
| Jun. 01, 2010 23:13
Getting a tourist visa (in home country) before expiration date on residenc...
Asked by Ase from USA
| Jun. 27, 2017 04:53
As a British citizen do I need to go to Hong Kong to change my visa?
Asked by Dante from United Kingdom
| Jul. 25, 2013 03:50
Albanian citizen tourist visit in Thailand on January 2017.
Asked by Bledi from China
| Nov. 28, 2016 21:29
get a China Visa extension in Shanghai
Asked by Philippa from United Kingdom
| Feb. 18, 2012 03:43
Renewing a Residence Permit.
Asked by Jerry from USA
| May. 29, 2014 01:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)