Asked by Mr.Baveja from India | Mar. 02, 2010 06:45
About:China Embassy in Australia

I am Australian citizen with Overseas Citizenship of India, currently in India. I wish to travel to China to see the country with my wife for two weeks. Please advise, if we need to get visa prior to travel? Can we obtain Visa on arrival at Beijing or Shanghai? Can we obtain Visa at Chinese Embassy at Delhi and what are the charges for Austalian Passport holders, how many days it will take? Can we get the visa without buying airticket in advance?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Linda from Malaysia | Mar. 04, 2010 01:29
Mr.Baveja, you need to get visa prior to travel, it is very hard to get a visa on arrival in Beijing or Shanghai

If you want to apply for visa in New Delhi, you have to apply for Chinese visa through the Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC), Chinese embassy in New Delhi doesn't accept visa application from oridinary passport holders. The visa fee for single entry is 1,300 Rupees for Australians, however, you also should pay extra fee for the service of CVASC. It takes 4 working days. Photocopy of a confirmed return air ticket is required for tourist visa application.
Related Questions:
I'm Australian citizen with an Overseas Citizen of India Card, I'm currentl...
Asked by DOUGLAS from India
| Sep. 20, 2011 23:15
Express Service for Chinese Tourist Visa for OCI card holder
Asked by KT from Australia
| Nov. 14, 2014 23:47
i am flying from sydney (australia) to new delhi (india) via Guangzhou airp...
Asked by Ms.punam from australia
| Feb. 22, 2011 23:26
I am an Australian citizen and currently on business in India. I have to m...
Asked by Mr.Ilsett from Australia
| Mar. 30, 2010 23:17
Will we, NRIs be able to get a visa to do the pilgrimage to Kailash Mansaro...
Asked by Asha from USA
| Jun. 14, 2014 01:27
Wanting to travel to China
Asked by Sergio from Turkey
| Sep. 27, 2017 04:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)