Asked by Ms.McRainey from USA | Jan. 29, 2010 22:33
About:Haikou Travel Tips

My fiance and I are traveling to Vietnam and Hainan Island for our honeymoon in April. We have a few questions.
1. Is there a ferry from Halong Bay, Vietnam to Hainan Island? If so, how can we purchase tickets and do we need to do so in advance? If not, how do you recommend we travel between Vietnam and Hainan Island? We are staying in Haikou for one week.
2. As US Citizens, are we eligible to apply for a visa upon entry? We are only visiting Hainan Island in China. I believe we need a visa in advance, but want to double check.
Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Jack | Jan. 31, 2010 20:26
I know there are cruise tour line between Halong Bay and hainan Island. You may contact Halong Bay to enquiry the cruise ship. It seems to board around 17:00.
A visa upon entry is not available for US citizen. I have heard that it may be available at Sanya Airport. Better to have a visa in advance or you can contact the embassy or Sanya Airport custom for details.
Related Questions:
Visa for a 13 hour visit of Beijing?
Asked by Renata from Canada
| Nov. 12, 2016 21:54
What papers do we need
Asked by Nada Mansour from Egypt
| Sep. 06, 2017 21:43
Hi, Me and my fiancee would like to spend our honeymoon at Kowloon,HK. D...
Asked by Ms.Xeryne from Philippines
| Jul. 27, 2009 20:05
Cost of travelling in China
Asked by Mandy from Australia
| Aug. 06, 2013 04:04
Hello! I need an information , i am recently married and planning to go to...
Asked by Mr.Hasham from pakistan
| Feb. 23, 2010 22:01
Hello I am Hungarian (EU) and my husband is British. We are travelling t...
Asked by Mrs.Foote from UK, Hungary
| Dec. 29, 2009 07:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)