Asked by Ms.Mary from Irela | Nov. 03, 2009 13:58
About:China Embasy in Ireland

Hello. I am an Irish citizen and wish to study in Beijing for one semester. The language course in the university starts in March. I wish to go to China to travel in mid January for one month before beginning university. However I will not be able to live on the university campus until the end of febuary. This means that I cannot confirm residency until Febuary 27th. So I cannot go directly with a student visa. I know that I have to apply for a student visa to study in China until July, but I want to know if it is possible to go to China with a tourist visa for one month so that I can travel, and apply for the chinese student visa from Hong Kong (instead of returning to Ireland) in Febuary before the course begins.

Thank you so much for your help.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Sean | Nov. 03, 2009 21:57
please confirm this with the China Embassy in Ireland before your ahead of your departure.
Related Questions:
Hello everyone, I am registered to a chinese university for one semester. ...
Asked by Mr.Nir from Israel
| Feb. 04, 2011 21:54
X2 visa valid for 180 days after entry
Asked by Steve from India
| Jul. 19, 2014 01:44
I will be studying a semester abroad in Beijing next year. Would it be bett...
Asked by Mr.Brian from United States
| Dec. 16, 2009 19:26
Switching to another university on X-2 visa
Asked by Rob from United Kingdom
| Nov. 17, 2014 21:15
I have the persmission to study from March 2017 to August 2017 in China.
Asked by mark velbert
| Dec. 20, 2016 00:27
switching X2 one-entry to X2 multi-entries
Asked by Pier from Italy
| Jul. 06, 2014 02:45
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)